Some people are blessed with good culinary intuition that allows them to make everything from scratch in a short time. Unfortunately, I’m neither blessed with culinary talent and time to prepare healthy and tasty dishes from scratch. Luckily groceries and supermarkets offer pre-cut fresh produce and instant seasonings that will cut down on prep time and minimize the chances of your dish ending up with an unsavory taste. Here’s a mix of supermarket produce that combines kids’ favorite fried chicken and the dreaded vegetables into one dish that they’ll surely love.
5 pcs. unseasoned or plain chicken tonkatsu cut into strips of 3
200g mixed vegetables
1 white onion minced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 small pack of Knorr Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tbsp butter
a pinch of Tarragon leaves
a dash of Curry powder
Sauté garlic and onion in butter.
- Add mixed vegetables and stir fry until vegetables are coated with butter.
- Add a pinch of dried tarragon leaves.
- Dilute cream of chicken soup in 2.5 cups of water and add to vegetables, bring to a boil with occasional stirring then add a dash of curry powder.
- Set the pan aside when mixture thickens.
- On a separate pan, fry chicken tonkatsu pieces until golden brown.
- Arrange fried chicken tonkatsu in a platter and pour the sauce over it.
- Serve hot.